Welcome to Visions Photography Club! We are delighted that you are a member. We have written this short guide to help you get the most out of your membership.
Who are we?
- We are a friendly, open and inclusive club with an emphasis on constructive, yet friendly critique which provides support so that we can all improve to the levels that we personally want. There is, therefore, nice diversity in the level of skills, abilities and interests of our members. Something for everyone!
Where do we meet and when?
- We meet most Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm at Ruthrieston Community Centre, Holburn Street.
How do I find out what is happening?
- Our main way of communicating with members is the Visions Photography Facebook page. This is a closed group that you will receive access to once you become a member. We try to keep an up to date version of the program here.
- We encourage all members to post their photos, on any subject, on the Facebook page and Visions will post a selection of them on the website. If you don’t want your photos used on the website, please let us know when you post them on Facebook.
- We also have the following , but the Facebook page is the main communication tool with our own members:
What do we do at Visions?
- We run a variety of activities, both indoor and outdoor throughout the year.
- We invite external speakers along as well as encouraging members to share their photos and skills.
- Activities are posted on Facebook and the schedule for future weeks is held in the ‘Files’ section of the Facebook page. The schedule is updated after each Committee meeting
- We run a few competitions each year: This includes a Photo of the Year (POTY) competition and around another 3 competitions. We aim to get an external judge for POTY and often judge the other competitions internally by members with a friendly critique session afterwards.
How do I enter the competitions?
- We use PhotoEntry as the best way of uploading photos for entry to the competitions.
- A link to the Dropbox plus further instructions (e.g. deadline dates, size of photos) will be posted on Facebook when competitions are open.
- Entry to competitions is dependent on a member being fully ‘paid up’.
Is there a Committee?
- the current Committee comprises of :
President – Susan Gordon
Vice President – Pamela Adam
Secretary – Gregor McAbery
Treasurer – Lynda Gordon
Competitions Co-ordinator – David Drage/Michele Emslie
Website Co-ordinator -Rob Romani
Ordinary member – Annette Murty
Ordinary member – Anna Horne
The officers are elected at the AGM which is usually in March/ April each year.
How much are the membership fees?
- Fees currently stand at a very reasonable rate of £15 per quarter (£10 per quarter for concessions).
- The fees allow us to hire the hall, provide refreshments at each meeting, buy new and replacement kit to enhance our photography and hold a couple of social events each year.
- Fees must be paid directly into the Visions bank account – you can find this in the files area of our private Facebook page.
- Fees are due on the 1st of Jan, April, July and October.
- Your fees need to be up to date to continue to be a member and have access to the facebook group.
What else does the club offer?
- We offer some equipment to hire, with a few caveats
- You should be a member of at least 6 months standing with all subs fully paid up
- Costs: £10 to hire the kit with a £20 deposit held
- Hire period is Thursday to Thursday
- Equipment must be signed in and out by a Committee member
- You must let the committee member know if there are any issues or damages to the kit.
We hope that you enjoy your time at Visions Photography Club. If you have any suggestions or questions or wish to present at a meeting, please contact one of the Committee or post a question on the Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you on a Thursday and to having your photography contributions!