Visions Photography Club is an active and dynamic group based in Aberdeen with a membership that includes photographers of all levels of experience. The club runs a variety of fun activities which include outings, talks, practical sessions and competitions.
Club activity calendar can be found via the menu under What’s on.
We have some new committee members, you can meet them here.
Latest blog update is live with a selection of images from December
Please feel free to get in touch with us, we are always keen to welcome new members to Visions.
Grampian Eye is an annual photography competition among camera clubs in the North East of Scotland.
Grampian Eye 2020 will be hosted by Forres Camera Club on Saturday 18 April 2020 in Forres Town Hall
The judge for the event is Libby Smith from Carluke, Libby is willing to visit clubs in area as a speaker around the date of the 2020 event.
Deadline for submission to Forres Camera Club is 1st of February 2020.
Rules for Submission of Photos
- 12 Photographs per club
- No more than 2 images per author
- Entries for Creative, Nature and Monochrome to be indicated on entry form.
- Photos to be saved as jpegs with maximum width of 1600px and maximum height of 1200px.
- Images must be saved with the title of the photo as the file name e.g. my_best_photo.jpg, as a guide please keep titles to a minimum of 30 characters to prevent truncating on the slide show.
- Save as sRGB (rather than Adobe or other).
- Submissions will be accepted on a clearly labelled data stick/USB storage device only.
- Clearly indicate the club name on the USB memory stick.
- Photos can be taken at any time and any place as long as they have not been entered into any previous Grampian Eye or Grampian Cup event previously.
- Photos submitted for Nature category must comply with SPF rules on Nature images submitted for competition
- The images must not contain any exif information especially not the name of the photographer.
- Please complete the attached Photo Submission Form ensuring the photographers’s name matches the photo title and if entered for one of the nominated category of Creative, Monochrome or Nature. The form must contain the contact email address in order to allow us to confirm safe receipt of your entry.
- Submissions may include a border round the image
Admission to the event is by ticket only. Tickets can be obtained from participating clubs.
Visions Photography Club hosted the annual Grampian Eye competition on Saturday 27 April 2019. Fourteen camera clubs from the North East of Scotland took part with a total of 280 photographs. The event took place at the International School Aberdeen. Grampian Eye 2019 supported two charities: One to One and Archway. Over £3000 was raised for the charities.
Results of the competition and images of the event can be found here on Grampian Eye 2019 .
Scottish Photographic Federation
Visions is a member of the SPF who arrange a variety of events we can take part in. Click for a link to the SPF home page.
We have created useful info for beginners and intermediate photographers under the Tutorials tab
These tutorials have been presented at club evenings, aimed at the less experienced members and explaining the basics of exposure, aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Also a page on importing, organising and backing up your images here.