Visions is a club that welcomes all levels of photographers. Our internal competitions are friendly and everyone should feel comfortable entering.
We try to keep the rules to a minimum – the main aims of these competitions are to have fun and to improve our photography in that order!
All Internal Competitions
- We would like to encourage all members to enter these fun competitions.
- Please submit no more than 2 images each.
- Images may be taken on any camera or phone.
- Images may be straight out of the camera, edited images or composite images so long as all elements were taken by the photographer.
- Images should be submitted as best quality jpegs.
- The max sizes are width:1600px and height:1200px but photoshop will resize any larger photos for you.
- The ideal colour profile is sRGB – you will get an error message if you submit another colour profile but you can ignore this.
- Entries should be uploaded to Photo Entry by midnight on the closing date. If you have provided your email address to the club then an account will have been created for you. You should have received an email from Photo Entry with your login details.
- Please ask any committee member if you need any help submitting your images.
- Only paid up members may enter these competitions, so please check you have paid the treasurer for this quarter.
- There are three quarterly rounds of the competition each year. the fourth one being the Annual Photographer of the Year.
- There will usually be a set theme for each competition.
Annual Photographer of the Year
- There will be one competition in December of each year.
- The competition is open with no set theme.
- Photos that have been previously entered in a quarterly competition may be resubmitted to this annual competition, provided they were taken in the previous year.
- The prize for this competition will be a trophy for the winner and other prizes for 2nd and 3rd places.