Visions Photography Club Constitution – March 2018
- Name: The Club shall be called ‘Visions Photography Club’
- Objectives: The objectives of the Club are:
- To bring together people interested in any branch of still photography and to provide a friendly, fun environment for them to meet.
- To organise talks, activities and outings for the development of photographic skills and sharing of knowledge.
- Membership: Any person interested in or practising photography who agrees actively to support the Club’s objectives may apply to the Club for membership. Membership is subject to the approval of the Committee.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions shall be such amounts as are determined by the Annual General Meeting, or by a Special General Meeting. The method of payment of subscriptions will be by electronic transfer to the account advised by the Treasurer. Membership of the club shall cease, including access to the Club’s Facebook group, if subscriptions are not paid within 6-weeks from the due date set by the Committee.
- No person shall take part in a Club competition or enter for Club exhibitions unless his or her subscription is paid up to date.
- Organisation: The Officers of the Club shall consist of:
- Vice President
- Web Coordinator
- Competitions Secretary
5.1 All shall be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
5.2 The term of office will normally be a maximum of three years.
5.3 The Committee may also decide to invite club members to join the Committee as Ordinary Members.
6. Management: The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the Officers above plus the Ordinary Members.
- Four persons constitute a quorum.
- Annual General Meeting: The A.G.M. of the Club shall be held during the month of March each year.
The Business shall include:
- Minutes of the previous A.G.M
- Annual report of the Committee
- Statements of Accounts and Balance Sheet
- Election of President and Committee members
- Confirmation of Ordinary Members
- Proposed updates/changes to the Constitution (if required)
- Special General Meeting: An S.G.M. can be called at any time by the Committee or upon the receipt of a requisition signed by not less than one quarter of the members. Twenty-eight (28) days notice must be given to all members of any Annual or Special Meeting, with particulars of all business to be transacted. No business other than that appearing on the notice of such a meeting shall be transacted at that meeting.
- Constitution: A copy of the Constitution shall be supplied to every member of the Club. No alteration to these rules shall be made except at an Annual or Special General Meeting.
- Propositions: All nominations and propositions for Annual and Special General Meetings shall not be accepted unless given to the Secretary fourteen days before the date of the meeting, and supported by two members of the Club as proposer and seconder.
- Emergencies: In the event of anything occurring not provided for or not clear in the foregoing rules, may be dealt with by the Committee at their discretion.
- Dissolution: The Club may be dissolved only by the consent of three-fourths of the members present at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose. Such a meeting shall appoint a Liquidator and decide on the disposal of all Club funds and assets. After discharging all debts and liabilities of the Visions Photography Club, the remaining assets are to be given or transferred to a voluntary organisation having similar objectives to those of the club.
Notes on Rules
Rule 3: If a member of the Club proves to be undesirable or detrimental to the Club, he or she can have a private warning from the President or Secretary. If this does not result in corrective action on behalf of the member, he or she can be dealt with by the Committee under the last sentence of Rule 3, with the minimum publicity. If necessary, the Treasurer can be instructed not to accept (or to return) that person’s future subscriptions.
Rules 4,5 & 6: The Officers should lead the Club and the Committee, and control its weekly activities, but the whole membership must feel involved so that all major decisions should be made by the members together at the Annual General Meeting.
Rule 7: The Committee should ensure that suitable nominations for President and Officers are included in the notice for the Annual General Meeting. It must be possible for any member to make additional nominations or proposals fourteen days before the meeting. Fourteen days gives the Committee time to meet to discuss any proposal and decide their attitude before the meeting. It also prevents any important or controversial matters being brought up at the last minute to be voted without proper consideration by perhaps a small attendance at the Annual General Meeting
RULES FOR ALL CLUB COMPETITIONS
All new Competitions must be accompanied with their own set of rules drawn up by the person proposing the competition. A copy of these rules is to be made available each Club Member once the Competition date is set.