This year’s annual Grampian Eye competition will be hosted by Westhill Photography Club .
Address: Sir Ian Wood Building, Robert Gordon University Garthdee Road, Aberdeen, AB10 7GJ
Date: Saturday May 12, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Doors open 9.30 a.m.
The competition usually ends between 4pm and 5pm.
Tickets are available at club meetings and cost £10.00 each, including refreshments and lunch. We have an 12 tickets initially so first come, first served. (More tickets may be available nearer the time.)
Raffle tickets are also available at £1.00 a strip. There will be a range of good prizes to win.
This is a local photographic competition with around a dozen clubs participating. You can read about last year’s competition on Deeside Camera Club’s website.
This year’s judge will be Malcolm McBeath from Kirriemuir. I would recommend browsing some of Malcolm’s wonderful photographs.
Grampian Eye Rules
The full rules are available here, but here are the main points that are relevant to submitting photographs:
- Each club submits 12 photos.
- Only paid up club members can enter.
- Max of two photos per member.
- One photographer can only represent one club.
- Any subject, taken anywhere, any time.
- You can’t use a photo that has been submitted to Grampian Eye before or to the Grampian Cup.
- You can submit a composite image, but all parts must all be your own work.
- Each photo must have a title (up to 30 characters).
- The image mustn’t show the title or photographer’s name and this mustn’t show in the metadata (e.g. copyright)
The technical stuff
- Photos must be in jpeg format
- Max horizontal size is 1400px
- Max vertical size is 1050px
- (Save in sRGB rather than Adobe RGB – not actually in rules, but recommended for colour consistency )
- Max resolution 300 ppi.